Monday, May 09, 2005

a reality-filled summer

Okay, I watched the “Fallen Idol” special. That Corey Clark sure is a putz. Did anyone happen to see SNL this weekend? That show has been in the dumps but there was a semi-entertaining cameo by Paula Abdul as she watched herself be made fun of by Amy Poehler.

Unfortunately I did not see Randy Jackson on Letterman last week, anyone who did, please report back and let me know what I missed.

CBS has decided to compete with NBC’s reality fixation and do four new reality shows of its own for the summer:
- Big Brother 6: I cannot believe that enough people are still watching this that they are coming out with a SIXTH edition that is going to air THREE nights a week. Overkill, anyone?
- Rock Star: INXS: AI for rockers. I think this was the show Constantine and Bo were supposed to be on.
- The Cut: A copy cat version of Project Runway, but featuring Tommy Hilfiger.
- Fire Me…Please: Contestants actually competing to see who can get fired first. I totally could have won if I were on this show.

Also, I think a new Survivor will also be starting this summer. I tried desperately to follow along with the Palau edition, but after watching Ulong get beaten to a pulp over and over again, I got bored and stopped watching.

And over on Fox – Hell’s Kitchen, featuring wannabe Wolfgang Pucks being tortured by chef Gordon Ramsey.

Oh, and who can forget – in just two weeks, the PWT wedding of Rob & Amber!

No comments: