Thursday, September 29, 2005

west side highway to the UES?

Yeah, so I was totally going to actually leave the house today to run errands and be productive, but it is pouring out, so… looks like another day of tv for me.

This week brings the season of Amazing Race Family Edition. My initial reactions about some of the teams:

The Paolo Family: Off the bat, I immediately hate them. They spend so much time screaming at each other (except for the dad, who sits in stone cold silence through it all) that you just want to bitch slap them.

The Linz Family: I find myself rooting for them, I think because I find the youngest brother Tommy to be kind of a hottie. But I also like the idea of siblings running this race together. Of course, that being said, I HATE the Godlewski Family of all sisters, because they spend so much time shrieking that I start to wonder if they even know how to speak at normal volume.

The Black Family: I am slightly disturbed that the Black Family is actually the token black family. It’s a little weird. Especially when they do the “Black Family!” cheer.

The Aiello Family: Boston fans, no further comment.

So the race starts in good old New York, where teams are told to drive across the Brooklyn Bridge and find the EMS store in SoHo, then a hot dog stand on the UES, and then over the GW Bridge to Pennsylvania. I supposed I’d be just as bad off if I were in the same situation in Cincinnati or something, but seriously now, hanging out the car and asking pedestrians where they could find the “town of SoHo” and “Washington Bridge” was just really amusing.

So over the GW Bridge and off to PA they go and there’s some boat rowing at Washington Crossing, tent building in Philly, and then chaos ensues with the Build It or Buggy it detour.

I’m peeved when the team of sisters comes in first because it just results in lots and LOTS of shrieking. They’re so excited about being in first, but have they not watched previous seasons of TAR before to know that coming in first on the first leg of the race means NOTHING? I’m doubly peeved when the Paolo Family isn’t the team to get eliminated. Instead the black Black family is the first team sent home. At least one more week of shrieking sisters and bickering Paolos. Bummer.

No comments: