Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Flank 2 position!

ohmygoodness. i don't even know where to begin...bear with me here. the INSANTY!!! yeah kids, 24 is back with a vengeance! Two nights, four hours, and it was sooo f-ing good. It’s 18 months later and Kiefer/Jack is now Frank Flynn, canoodling with a nice little lady played by Connie Britton and her IDIOT son Derek, and the IDIOT VP from last season is now officially the IDIOT president, when David Palmer gets assassinated writing his memoir. Oh sure, kill off the black guy in the first 10 minutes of the show -- pretty damn agressively too I might add, right in the throat. ouch. Michelle and Tony get blown up outside their home soon after, and bye-bye goes Michelle (what a shame, I bet the male portion of the audience was lovin her in her little tank top and tight-ass jeans the whole 4 minutes she got to be on the show this season), but Tony gets to stick around to make what I'm sure will be a miraculous 24-time recovery to partake in some of the debauchery. After all, what's a season of 24 without Kiefer and Tony in cohorts over stopping a terrorist attack?

Oh, and Chloe is sleeping with a boy who works for her by the name of Spencer, who I decided to research online because I think he's kinda cute. (But SPENCER? Did they have to name him SPENCER? Seriously now.) The actor is a guy named Jonah Lotan who hasn't been in anything I've ever heard of before. And that was the end of my research. Back to the show. umm yeah, so Palmer's dead, Michelle's dead, Tony's near dead, and Chloe escaped death and immediately calls Kiefer. I mean Frank. who I must say, in typical I'm-Jack-Bauer-nobody-fucks-with-me fashion, has apparently been brave enough to relocate himself back in the US in Southern California, even after being exiled to Mexico 18 months ago. I suppose that's less suspicious than trying to commute across the Mexico-US border everyday to his job at the oil rigs in Mojave.

Okay, so I of all people, fully understand and accept the need for unrealistic things to happen on television, in order to make good television such as 24. However, that being said, HOW is it possible that Kiefer spent as much time as he did AT the crime scene in the room with the computer having a full conversation with Palmer's little brother at NORMAL VOLUME without ANY of the 10s and 20s of FBI and secret service agents milling about in the same apartment noticing?!

Oh, and don't even get me started on the embarassing white house staff. Somebody please tell me that I'm not the only person who wants to throw things at my television every single time President Logan the Dimwit opens his mouth. And isn't he at the White House? And wasn't Palmer assasinated in LA? And since when is the White House located 15 miles from LA? And are we suprised that Dimsit's wife, First Lady Martha, is a NUTCASE?

whew. what a show. I'm sure I had lots more I wanted to comment on, such as how Kiefer was able to detonate a bomb from his Treo, 101 reasons why Derek is an idiot, how much I enjoy watching Sean Astin (aka Samwise Gamgee [thanks scott] - which incidentally, I've never actually seen any of the LOTR movies, but even I know that Sean Astin played one of those Hobbit dudes) torment Buchanan, and why I am sooooo happy that 24 and Kiefer are back in my life...but dude, four hours is a lot to try to retain in my memory. oh, and i have a real job that i get paid for that requires my attention as well. and that's a wrap (for now).

No comments: