Sunday, January 08, 2006

good times...


HAPPY NEW YEAR! That’s right, I’m back. I took a nice little holiday hiatus, but now I’m back and ready for action! Before I get back to the business of tv, I’d like to take a moment to digress and reflect on my holiday festivities. Okay, I really just want to talk about the ORANGE BOWL in MIAMI. Penn State Orange Bowl Champs!!! So what if the Rose Bowl game the following night totally stole our thunder? Being at the Orange Bowl and watching good ole State win in triple OT topped the charts as what is probably the most funnest football game I will ever be in attendance at in my life. Oh yeah, Miami was pretty cool too. There’s something funny about being at a club in South Beach (that’s right kids, cindy actually went to a club – so what if I showed up in a tshirt and sneakers?) and the entire place is full of nothing but Penn Staters. I like it. The top five things I learned on this trip:

5. There is something inherently wrong with being in a bathing suit on the beach in 80 degree weather on January 1st. But I still enjoyed every second of it.
4. The human body is not meant to spend 4 straight hours screaming its lungs out at a football game. Someday I will have my voice back (hopefully).
3. The human body is also not meant to consume high quantities of beer in a very short period of time. I think it’s still coming out of my pores.
2. If you need to go from relatively sober to stupid drunk in a very short amount of time, a shot of SoCo & Lime (or two) will do the trick. It sounded like a good idea at the time.
1. I appear to be completely incapable of attracting the attention of any guy over the age of twenty-five. 23 year olds though? I’m all over that.

And that, my friends, just about sums up my trip in a nutshell. Starting with my next post, you will be returned to my regularly scheduled tv blogging. (Though I reserve the right to digress and talk about other random happenings at any given time – it’s my blog, I can do whatever I want, alright?) Lots of shows to talk about! Scrubs is back, Dancing with the Stars is back, and soon 24 and Lost and American Idol will be back too! All hail to good tv. Cheers!

No comments: