Sunday, November 18, 2007

music makes the world go round

I used to LOVE music awards shows. As in watched them obsessively - Grammies, AMAs, MTV, etc. etc. If it qualified as some sort of music award, I was watching intently without interruption and not missing a beat. Not so much anymore, though this evening I find myself flipping past the American Music Awards every now and then, so I will comment as I see fit on the bits I do catch between this and football and Pretty Woman (!). Amazing Race is also on but my DVR is recording it and I likely won't watch that tonight.

8:40pm: Ashanti just came out looking fantastically awesome in a mustard yellow gown and awarded Akon an award for best R&B male. His speech is somewhat incoherent though and I don't really have a clue who this guy is that he brought up on stage with him.

8:54pm: I flipped back just in time to see my boy Justin Timberlake win the award for best male artist! Unfortunately he wasn't actually there so all we got was some satellite footage of him being excited about winning the award. And I guess that means he won't be performing tonight :(


9:13pm: Carrie Underwood just won best female country award wearing a fabulous white dress which I will try to find a picture of online. And then some country group came out singing Beyonce's Irreplaceable??! It was all very strange, until Beyonce came out to join them and then it was... still very strange. That song was not meant to be country!

...found a pic of Carrie's dress. I love the design of this. I'm not so sure why, seeing that it's not something I would ever wear, but then again, most of these things aren't. But I love the pattern of the dress and the neckline. It's so chic!

9:37pm: Justin Timberlake wins best R&B album for FutureSex/LoveSounds! And once again, all we get is a quick glimpse of his adorable face via satellite.

9:43pm: Jennie Garth, Mel B and Helio come out representing Dancing With the Stars (and of course - it's an ABC show on an ABC award show) and oh my goodness, Jennie Garth is super adorable!

10:08pm: Duran Duran! They perform two songs and I don't recognize the first song they're performing, but I don't so much care, because how can you not love it? It's Duran Duran!! Their second song is Hungry Like The Wolf, and I just love that in a world of modern pop culture, hip hop and mainstream pop, Duran Duran can still get up on stage and rock it with the best of them. Awesome.

10:25pm: The Patriots are currently beating the Bills 42-7 in the third quarter. It's like there isn't a single team out there who's even attempting to put up a fight against New England!

I dug around a bit and found a picture of Jennie's outfit at the AMAs. I love the dress! Nice and simple, but so cute! And what a great color for her. Many people couldn't be caught dead wearing teal but Jennie carries it off without a hitch!

10:33pm: Bone Thugs-n-Harmony just won an award... I didn't even know they were still around!

Okay, there's still about twenty minutes left in this awards show but I've had enough. Time to call it a night and put both my tv and laptop to rest!


No comments: