Monday, January 21, 2008

alaska's not as cold as green bay

If someone had told me back in September that a) the Giants would make the playoffs and b) that they would beat the Packers to win the NFC Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl, I would have laughed and laughed and laughed, and then stopped to catch my breath... and laughed some more. When they were in the Super Bowl 7 years ago, I couldn't even watch because they didn't really even show up to play and it was embarrassing. This time, all I want is for them to put up a good fight. Well, it's not ALL I want - I want them to beat the damn Patriots and win the freakin' Super Bowl. But, if they at least put up a good fight, like, they did in Week 16, I will be ecstatic.

In other news, I am spending my day off from work... working, but also catching up on tv. Last night was the season finale of Amazing Race, and so today I watched the final three teams race around Alaska gutting fish, catching crabs, climbing glaciers and spending a lot more time in taxi cabs than I thought normal. But in any case, TK and Rachel finish on top, with Ron & Chris in second and Nick & Don in third... quite a nail biter until almost the very last minute and another race comes to an end. What is it about this show that it never gets old?

No comments: