Monday, March 28, 2005

Deep-fry this, bitch!

Between Maisy getting arrested for being the neighborhood prostitute, Gabrielle doing laundry in the Jacuzzi and stealing the portapotty, and Lynette dueling with the head lice mother, I just can’t even imagine where I was on Sunday nites before Desperate Housewives came into my life. What a relief to finally have them back.

I know I’ve said this before, but if you are not watching Arrested Development, you are missing out on some of the most ingenious television writing I’ve seen in a long time. George Bluth Sr. is quite possibly the funniest sitcom character I’ve encountered since George Costanza. Tobias was wearing a shirt that looked very much like a Ben Sherman shirt that I’ve seen B Sauce wear, which for some reason I found really amusing. Add Ben Stiller, aka guest magician Tony Wonder, and you’ve got one damn funny show.

I also recently checked out Life on a Stick -- deep frying your a-hole boss’ office in hot dog on a stick batter is always funny, and the American version of The Office -- British humor doesn’t translate quite the same and I’m inclined to stick to the BBC version, but yet, there’s something inherently funny about refrigerating someone’s stapler into a jello mold, british or american style.

Oh yes, and of course there’s nothing better than racial drama between model wannabes. The black girl with the attitude gets sent home, even though one of the white girls looks like a dead fish in her photo shoot and Tyra proclaims it to be the worst photo even taken in the history of America’s Next Top Model. But considering the show is less than two years old, I don’t know if that is saying very much. I also particularly enjoyed watching Tiffany make a big stink about not drinking anymore, proceeding to order 3 or 4 glasses of wine at dinner, and then puking right at the dinner table.

And next time on ANTM: Flesh eating bacteria?! The fun never ends.

No comments: