Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hair Stories

Apparently there was a “technical glitch” on AI last night and they showed the wrong phone numbers for some of the contestants so all the vote counts were screwed up, so they are having a do-over tonite and everyone gets to vote again, and the results show will be tomorrow instead of tonite. So if you voted last nite (who am I kidding, I’m the only person I know that actually votes), your vote didn’t count. Sounds like some sort of sneaky ratings stunt if you ask me.

It was Billboard #1’s Nite. There’s still too many contestants for me to be able to remember enough to do an idol play-by-play. But some things I do recall:

Carrie’s hair was a bit too…poofy. I can’t really think of any other way to describe it. Speaking of hair, how about Nadia’s? That Mohawk was…really big and distracting. But I loved Vonzell’s hair. How do I get my hair all done up to look like that? And HEY, it looks like somebody finally gave Bo Bice some V05 hot oil! Jessica’s hair was trying to be blonde, but not really. She was half brunette, half blonde. Make up your mind girl. And against all odds, Scott Savol has totally grown on me. He doesn’t have much of a hairstyle to talk about, but when he took off his hat and then sunglasses and threw them on the floor, I couldn’t help but crack up just a little, in a good way. He’s kind of a weirdo, but hey, we all have our quirks.

Non-hair related comments: Anthony’s jeans were just a little too tight. Mikalah, would you PLEASE GO HOME ALREADY. You sounded tragically “pitchy”. Anwar, I didn’t love your performance, but you are still my favorite pick. Gotta love you for attempting to rock some Chaka Khan last nite.


Ryan Seacrest was wearing an “I (heart) expensive tshirts” tshirt that I couldn’t help but wonder if he bought from Urban Outfitters.

Oh, and Simon's best line of the night, on Constantine's Partridge Family performace: "It's like ordering a guard dog, and getting a poodle in a leather jacket." hahaa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) American Idol was great. Scott Savol has got to go - nothing about him is idol-worthy... and the judges for some reason are not talking about his weight - funny, b/c in the auditions Simon called out every girl over a size 4. And if Constantine survives one more week I might throw a shoe at my television - he makes my skin crawl.
2) you need to add Project Greenlight to your rotation.
3) you don't watch american dreams, huh? you are really missing out on predictable drama... ie. race issue, sex issue, drug/alcohol/war argument, family fight, rite of passage, etc... in every single episode. truly mindless entertainment.

cindy said...

I actually do like American Dreams, but it's on the same time as that 70's show, Lost, and America's Next Top Model, so its kind of tricky fitting it into my rotation most of the time...!