Wednesday, March 09, 2005

wardrobe malfunctions

If I could have last nite, I would have voted for Anwar again. But alas, there was nobody super impressive that I could vote for in his place, so I didn’t vote at all because I refuse to support the girls’ cause. They did that weird horoscopes thing again, which I just don’t really see the point of at all other than filler time. In any case, recap of the contestants (this shouldn’t take long at all considering none of them are worth raving about):

IDOLS 01 – If I had voted, I probably would have voted for Amanda, not because she sang Tina Turner that great, but because she’s kinda hot and we might as well keep the good looking girls around.
IDOLS 02 – Oh poor Janay, she is so going home tonite. The judges like to use the word “pitchy.” I prefer “awful.”
IDOLS 03 – I don’t remember what Carrie sang at all. something country I think.
IDOLS 04 – “Vonzell.” Where do people come up with these names? And she sang Aretha Franklin while wearing a white sequined cowboy hat and matching white boots...oh boy.
IDOLS 05 – I think Nadia might have been the best singer of the nite, but that may not be saying much. And she was wearing a black mini skirt with weird orangey floral patterns on it and pink ruffley tulle hanging out the bottom. And a tank top with fake flowers made out of ribbon sewn onto it. oye.
IDOLS 06 – Lindsey did a so-so rendition of Aerosmith and had on some really weird black frilly capri-like wide legged pants that sort of looked like a tea length skirt but wasn’t. Does anyone know if they pick out their own clothes or if I should blame the AI wardrobe people for this?
IDOLS 07 – Ever since we met her at the Vegas auditions, I thought Mikalah was a poor man’s Barbara Streisand meets Fran Drescher. So I was a little creeped out last nite when she actually started singing a Barbara Streisand song, and I couldn’t stop staring at her clumpy mascara.
IDOLS 08 – I have no idea what Jessica sang or if she was any good because I couldn’t take my focus away from her boobs, as they were completely hanging out of whatever she was wearing.

Overall, not very impressive. The next american idol is so not going to be a girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The judges like to use the word “pitchy.” I prefer “awful.”"
- Classic!!