Tuesday, March 08, 2005

the following takes place during rush hour

Last week, I was amazed at how many people were still at work when Keifer and Curtis were hunting down terror guy in that office at almost 6PM. One guy was playing solitaire when Keifer tried to sneak up on him. Go home and watch tv instead buddy. Last nite, I was amazed at how disappointing some of these scenes turn out to be sometimes after they hype it up and make it look all crazy in the commercials. Case in point: Keifer trying to stop the “EMP Blast.” whatever that is. In the commercials, Keifer is crouched on the floor in front of some giant glowing bomb looking thing, screaming his lungs out and looking like he was about to get written out of the show. I don’t even really get what that thing was. A “pulse-“ something they kept calling it. But last nite they didn’t even show what happened to him when the EMP blast went off. what a ripoff. I want to know exactly happens when you are in such close proximity to a glowing contraption that looks like a prop from Star Wars and it “blasts”. Do you vaporize? Well, obviously not since he was in next week’s previews running around pointing a gun at people like he always does. And how many companies do you know actually keep one of those things around in the supply closet? That was pretty neat though, they made all the lights in LA go out. But I guess not ALL of LA, since things were still cranking away at CTU, so not as impressive as when Don Cheadle made all the lights in Vegas go out in Ocean’s Eleven.

Am I the only one that thought it was funny that Keifer and Tony were IMing each other about the EMP blaster contraption? That didn’t look like any instant messenger program I’ve ever seen. I wonder why they don’t use AOL Instant Messenger at CTU. Doesn’t everyone have that installed on their computers nowadays?

Poor Keifer, he has to put up with so much bullshit on this show. And by bullshit, I mean Audrey. God she is annoying. “Look after my husband please.” “Oh no, I’m sorry I was going to use him as a human shield and risk his life to save my own ass.” Let’s just call attention to the fact that you clearly want to dump Keifer and get back together with your creepy husband when this day is over, why don’t we. stupid girl.

The president is still on Air Force One. But I’ve pretty much given up trying to figure out if he’s just in the plane and its grounded, or if he’s just flying in circles above montana, or if he’s actually flying to DC by way of Australia. I forgot to check out his window to see if it was daytime or nighttime wherever he is now.

I don’t like when they try to inject “compassion” into this show, namely Driscoll getting consolation and hugs from the secretary of defense. Yes, we get it, these people have feelings too. But come on, this is 24, not the OC, and we all know she had to get sent home eventually anyway, otherwise how would Tony get to be CTU Director for a whole 20 minutes...before Michelle shows up! I must say, she has cleaned up quite nicely since getting kidnapped last season. I like the straight hair, much better than that frizzy mop she donned all of season 3. Looks like she may have lost some weight as well, but I couldn’t be too sure just yet since they didn’t do a good close-up of her. Either way, Tony is too much of a badass to have to deal with Michelle’s crap, if you ask me. So, Tony’s back, Michelle’s back, and President Palmer will be back at some point. Anyone want to place bets on how long before Kim shows up for her cameo?

Next week on 24: Tony was an alcoholic. That’s actually all I remember from the preview. That and Keifer running around with a gun, but he always does that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i looked it up and found that there is no evidence of physical threat of EMPs to humans. my problem with the realism of the show is how the hell does the director's daughter kill herself at CTU?! no friggin way!