Tuesday, March 08, 2005

1 866 IDOLS 08

How much do we love Anwar??! He sang one of my most favorite songs ever and he absolutely nailed it like nobody’s business. It gave me goose bumps. I hope you people voted for him. If he gets voted off I might have to stop watching AI because it would be too devastating to me. How can you not vote for the cute music teacher from Jersey?? LOVE HIM.

As far as the rest of these guys go…
IDOLS 01 - Scott reminds me of someone, but can’t quite put my finger on who just yet. It drives me a little crazy, but with any luck he gets voted off on Wednesday and I don’t have to think about it anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was good. But it will stress me out too much trying to figure out who he looks like.
IDOLS 02 - “Bo Bice.” I’m sorry, but with a name like that, you are just asking to be voted off. I don’t care that Paula and Simon both loved you. You need a haircut, or at least a deep conditioning.
IDOLS 03 - Anthony, our resident “Clay Aiken,” had some really weird glow-in-the-dark fluorescent splotches on his jacket, and I was so busy trying to figure out what the splotches were that I didn’t really notice the fact that he was way too much of a whitey to be singing Ricky Martin. or maybe it was Enrique Iglesias. who knows. i couldn't focus.
IDOLS 04 – Anthony must have lent his glasses to Nikko Smith after he sang, because Nikko is totally a poor man’s Bobby Brown wearing Anthony’s glasses. I think one of the judges even mentioned the Bobby Brown resemblance one week. Bobby Brown singing Ray Charles. hmm.
IDOLS 05 - Travis, oh you poor poor boy. Where did we go wrong with you? I can’t even remember what song he sang, but I felt like it was 1984 and it made me cringe watching him do his boyz II men dance steps. maybe he was singing a bobby brown song, I don’t know.
IDOLS 06 - Mario Vasquez, our Bronx contestant, is without a doubt a poor man’s Wilmer Valderrama, aka Fez. we like him. But his gerri curls are really distracting.
IDOLS 07 - I love Sting, and having to listen to Constantine, former Elimidate contestant, butcher a Sting song was just painful. Don’t like this guy, he also needs some deep conditioning in his hair. But we looooooove…
IDOLS 08 - Anwar!! The very cute music teacher from Newark, NJ with a great smile and a bangin’ voice – LOVE HIM!!! enough said.

My only other comment about this episode is that they did this weird thing where before each guy went up to sing, they showed him in front of a constellation backdrop with his name and astrological sign at the bottom of the screen. Since when is your horoscope relevant to being the next American Idol?

Up next...24.

No comments: