Monday, March 07, 2005

i love my mtv

I was a little irritated when I flipped through my guide yesterday to confirm my Sunday night recordings (you’d think I didn’t trust the series manager on my dvr or something) only to discover that Desperate Housewives wasn’t on because instead they were showing an Oprah made for tv movie. what a rip off. Not to knock Oprah, i love her and I’m sure the movie was fabulous (I recorded it so if I ever get around to watching it I’ll comment further), but I really needed a DH fix since it wasn’t on last week either cuz of the Oscars. sigh. I did however get a whole hour of Arrested Development though, so that was a plus. The writers of that show are absolutely ingenious and if you don’t watch that show you are missing out. Last nite was the return of Elaine as Maggie Lizer, “love interest” of Jason Bateman, who pretended to be pregnant, after pretending to be blind the last time she was on the show. Love it.

There’s this show on mtv called ego trip’s race-o-rama. I was flipping through the guide and put it on for no reason other than the fact that the name of the show cracked me up. turns out the show is about interracial love/dating/sex. or maybe that’s just what this particular episode was about, who knows. they did this one segment called “Taste My Race” where they had this “underground rap legend” named Kool Keith Key come out and sit in a chair with a blindfold on while three different girls come out to give him a lap dance and he has to guess the ethnicity of each girl based on the lap dance. classic. (he guessed all three correctly in case you were curious) but I think my favorite segment has to be the one called “Mingle Fever” where they talk about black men having a thing for white women and white men having a thing for asian women, making asian men and black women the least married people in the US. they then suggest creating a zoo for the asian men and black women to breed. haha. i love mtv.

And speaking of mtv, I never saw Laguna Beach, but clearly I am going to have to start watching when the new season starts this fall since freddy and evan speak so highly of it. this Stephen kid better be as hot as you claim he is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah - is Laguna Beach coming back this fall? This could be the best news of my life...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of mtv - did anyone watch the season premiere of Punk'd last night? The show is kind of blah for the most part, but there were a few of good parts. Eva Longoria is hot as hell, that is number 1. Also, Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek talking about that big piece of crap was hilarious. I love any scatological humor. And easily the funniest part was when Ashton was setting up the Eva Longoria scence and drawing on the big pad. I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but what he ended up drawing made me cry I was laughing so hard. And as a side note, they previewed the whole season and everyone they would be punking. Included is Rachel Bilson, who is my Summer. She's also my winter and spring too.

Anonymous said...

SUNDAY NIGHT AND THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WITH IS MTV AND DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES??!!! THIS BLOG LOSES ALL CREDIBILITY UNTIL I SEE SOME DEADWOOD AND CARNIVALE POSTS! SEASON PREMIERE OF DEADWOOD AND NOT ONE MENTION OF IT! IT WAS AN AMAZING EPISODE, DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND WATCH IT (AND WATCH SEASON ONE WHILE YOUR AT IT). CARNIVALE IS GETTING EXCITING!! ONLY 3 EPISODES LEFT, AND I HAVE A FEELING THEY WILL BE GREAT. HBO RAN ADS FOR ITS NEW SERIES, "ROME", WHICH STARTS THIS FALL. LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER BANGER FROM HBO!

anyway, sorry for the caps but i love hbo, and i was extremely disappointed that there was no mention of the two best shows on sunday nights, and probably the best show on tv right now (deadwood). cindy i better see some good stuff about 24 on here tomorrow. if i decide to come back tomorrow that is. =P

cindy said...

Settle down Anil. There's no need to yell. Who's blog is this anyway? Yours or mine? I will *try* to add Deadwood to my tv rotation, but I can only tape 2 shows at a time and sundays 9pm are already reserved for desperate housewives and family guy...

Anonymous said...

well cindy, for ur information, hbo series are available on demand, so there really is no need to use your precious dvr tv rotation slots!!

Anonymous said...

Ben - I saw punked... classic, classic episode. I made Jeff stop his game to watch Selma and Penelope looking at the doody... great! It raised my respect for Penelop Cruz 100-fold.
And the drawing - also hysterical.
Overall - an A- for the episode. BTW - this season looks mean - alot of the people end up crying!