Sunday, March 06, 2005

screw you dukies!

okay i know this is supposed to be my tv show commentary blog and not my sports commentary blog, but i can't help myself - I just watched a really fun ending to the Duke-UNC game. I'm not necessarily a fan of either team, but obviously one roots for UNC in this game and not those damn dukies, and MYGOD it was fun to watch them win this game. i even jumped up off the couch when UNC took the lead with 19 seconds left, which i don't usually do when i'm watching tv. okay, maybe sometimes i do, like when i see a really cute guy on the screen and am trying to get a better look. hey freddy, i'll bet your husband was loving that game. take that Coach K! Who, incidentally is a poor man's James Eckhouse (guy who played Brenda and Brandon Walsh's dad on Beverly Hills 90210). Wait, I take that back. James Eckhouse is a poor man's Coach K. seriously. has Jim Walsh done ANYthing since 90210 went off the air? (90210 reunion specials don't count). As much as I dislike Duke as a basketball team, Coach K is way cooler than James Eckhouse.

On a side note (also unrelated to tv shows, sorry): Kentucky losing to Floriday by one point? very disappointing. for those of you who didn't know, i have been, for some random reason unbeknownst to myself, a Kentucky fan for the past couple of years. They've managed to screw me over during March Madness the past two years in a row, but I don't give up hope! go wildcats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy - James Eckhouse aka Jim Walsh was in "Cinderella Story" - one of my fave teeny bopper movies of all time! He was Hillary Duff's best friend's dad who was constantly cleaning/waxing his Mercedes. If you haven't seen it, you're seeing it this weekend - we have the DVD!!!