Tuesday, May 17, 2005

plotholes galore

Okay, several things about the 4-5am hour of 24. First of all, Richard Heller. To me, he is Trey. And will always be Trey. I think he lives in Chino on both shows, quite frankly. Okay, that being said, let me move on to something way more bothersome. Now, I am, and have been all season long, willing to accept the many many plotholes that exist in the CTUniverse, because I realize that when all is said and done, it IS still a television show. Unexplained plotholes are one thing. Outright DEFYING something they JUST explained to us last week is another. So, I’m willing to accept the fact that the concept of a “stealth missile” is a crock of doody, as I’m told. I’m willing to accept the fact that nobody noticed this extra BIG ASS SUV in the so-called secured perimeter that allows Marwan to escape (AGAIN). On that note, I’m willing to accept that the missile that came out of nowhere to blow up an SUV didn’t come fast enough to create enough force to knock Keifer off his feet even though it flew by less than a few feet from him – he is Superman after all. I’m also willing to accept that the Chinese Consulate people suddenly backed off this week even though they were soooo eager to blame CTU last week. I’m even willing to accept the fact that this skinny little 105 pound girl (who reminds me a lot of Mandy from a previous season of 24, anyone remember her? Was that her?) managed to take down a CTU agent AND Tony (kind of ironic that Tony gets taken hostage by a terrorist henchlady less than half hour after making nice with Michelle and agreeing to leave the CTUniverse together).

HOWEVER, what I am NOT willing to accept, is that after wondering for WEEKS (or hours, if you prefer) why Secretary of Heller mysteriously disappeared with no mention, and them FINALLY explaining last week that he went back to DC while Audrey stayed behind to help CTU, the Secretary of Defense nonchalantly comes waltzing back into the holding room at CTU to see Trey!!! Now THAT, my friends, drives me batty. If they hadn’t told us last week that he returned to DC, I don’t think I would have minded us much seeing him resurface this week. I would have accepted the fact that maybe he’s been hanging out at the CTU cafeteria for the past few hours. Instead, last week we are told he went back to DC and this week he is back in LA. Hellooo lightening speed airplane or teleportation device. I mean, seriously. I think I rather would have believed he’s been scoping out the vending machines at CTU for the past few hours.

Whew, that was exhausting. I’m done venting. In summary, if you’re going have a plothole, leave it as a plothole so I can make up my own stories in my head. But don’t tell me one thing one week and then the next week, tell me the exact opposite. NOT COOL.

Anyway, 2 hour finale next week in which they attempt to make it look like Keifer is going to sacrifice Tony to save the country. Hmm. Maybe someone will shoot “Mandy” from behind and when the camera pans over it will be Nina Myers returned from the dead to save the day. or not.

1 comment:

King said...

Well I totally agree and must say that this episode was more out there than the stealth bomber "shooting down" air force one. Speaking of which, what ever happened to that guy? Did they just let him fly away like a little birdie? Maybe they figured killing the president wasn’t such a big deal and they should focus their attention on Richard Heller and his gay lover. Which was actually a funny twist in this hour, but hey you should be careful if you’re gonna name your son Dick... cause one day he may just start liking it. Hmm.

Anyway Cindy I’ve finally discovered what “perimeter teams” are after this hour. They’re synonymous with those old Neighbor Watch programs. So when CTU and Jungle Jack surround a group of terrorists, they first go to the local old ladies and contract them as “perimeter teams”. So you see it’s no wonder MarJuan can escape in a giant dump truck carrying lit firecrackers…old people have bad night vision…oh Jack when will you learn.