Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Why does everyone still keep talking about Constantine?

So last night on AI there were TWO themes, first Leiber & Stoller, and then the current Billboard Top 100. Basically, first they sing an old song, and then they sing a new song. Meaning everyone sings twice. so not necessary.

Anthony sang something about poison ivy and calamine lotion. And then completely butchered a Backstreet Boys song that I already don’t like, making it sound tragically worse than it already is. Oh blonde Harry Potter, you are so going home.

Our resident wife beater Scott sang “On Broadway” which I will admit I rather enjoyed. But then he sang what I believe was Brian McKnight and I rather DIDN’T enjoy it. And he talked about his “Fashion Coordinator.” I KNEW they didn’t pick out their own outfits!

Vonzell did her cutesy act again, but sadly I only don’t really remember how she sounded, it was probably good, and sang what is apparently the #1 song on the billboard charts this week, an AMERICAN IDOL song. Which I have never heard before. It must have been one of those really bad group singing things that I fast forwarded through.

Our resident druggie Bo sang an obvious crowd favorite, Stand By Me, which I don’t really think is fair. I mean really, is ANYone going to argue against that? And then he sang the very overplayed Los Lonely Boys, but it least it was a song that people recognized.

Carrie was a superstar this week. And her hair looks much better when her stylist doesn’t make it all big and poofy. If she’s not in the finale, well, I just don’t know.

Anthony must go home tonite. I refuse to accept any other outcome.

No comments: