Monday, September 26, 2005

run, hide or die

We kick off the fall with a recap of the first season of Lost. (Yes yes, I'm a few days behind, bear with me here) That’s to get the people who are weirdos and did not watch last season (WHICH btw, if you are one, need to go rent the first season and get yourself on the bandwagon) caught up to speed.

I’m not going to bother recapping the recap, because let’s face it, unless you’ve been watching, you’re just out of the loops and there’s just no easy way to understand all the complications of season one. I watched season one and I don’t even understand all of the complications. So NOW, on to the season premiere!

An underground hatch world is discovered and it turns out some guy’s got a sweet little bachelor pad goin’ on down there. Walt somehow ends up BACK on the island but Shannon’s the only one who sees him, and somehow there are like 10 times more survivors than I ever remember seeing in season one. Jack says no-go on entering the hatch, Lock says yes-go, and somehow Kate ends up being the first one lowered into and EATEN UP BY the hatch. Seriously, she just got sucked up by that thing. Apparently Locke goes in after her, and then of course Jack takes a turn at being the hero. I was totally creeped out by Jack exploring the underground hatch until that record player starts blasting some old school music (does anyone know what song that was? I liked it), then it’s just weird. They spend an obsessive amount of time flashbacking to Jack’s pre-Lost doctor life saving a woman from a car accident – the woman Sarah that he ends up MARRYING. And the homeboy who lives in the underground hatch, Jack KNOWS him? Man am I confused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH LOST is BACK....because I had nothing better to do on a Thursday morning I watched the opening scene 3 times before finally watching the entire episode. Its going to be a great season, and now that I know that Shannon Elizabeth is not going to be on the show(even though the NYTimes thinks she is) I'm happy.