Monday, September 19, 2005

that bitch is going down!

I’m rather enthralled with this season of The OC so far. Whatever will they do now that Marissa and Ryan have gotten kicked out of Harbor High? This last episode reminded me of how much I enjoy the parts of the OC that actually focus on the part about the kids being in school. I mean really, Summer Roberts overthrowing Taylor Townsend as social chair and instituting mini burgers and mini dim sum at the carnival? You can’t buy that kind of entertainment.

I also rather enjoyed that slowed down rendition of California they played at the end of the episode when Marissa and Ryan walked out of the Kick Off Carnival being watched by their former schoolmates. I wonder if getting expelled is going to put a damper on their college applications. Are Ryan and Marissa really going to have sex next week?

Now I know a lot of people aren’t really into the awards show marathons, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the Emmy’s last night. Aside from the obvious fashion parade that I enjoy watching so much, I don’t think you can even dream up the kind of amusement that is Donald Trump in overalls singing Green Acres with Karen Walker, or the Blue Man Group presenting the award for best reality show. Delighted to see Lost win for best drama series, but at the same time outraged that 24 continues to get snubbed.

On another note, I’m kind of pissed because I set my DVR to record that new show Reunion on Thursday night while I was in California, but apparently there was some special news coverage on instead and then they re-aired Reunion on Friday night but since I was still out on the West Coast I wasn’t able to sneak that into my DVR list. I wasn’t bright enough to set my DVR to record the whole series, instead I had only set it to record the one Thursday episode that never aired. Newman!

No comments: