Thursday, September 15, 2005

who wants to join a fantasy fashion league??

So I’m sitting on my JetBlue flight this morning on my way to California, and watching my little 6 inch DirectTV. I tune in to the Today show and there are all kinds of interesting segments as usual, but a couple points of interest:

1) There was a review of Fashion Week, and a clip of the Penn State Blue Band opening the Marc Jacobs fashion show. Go figure.
2) BY FAR the most fascinating thing I learn about is the following:
www.fantasyfashionleague.com
GIRLS, WE HAVE TO DO THIS. Seriously. Anyone who is interested, please let me know. Whoever came up with this is absolutely INGENIOUS. How much do we love this idea? Evan Woo, while your sports obsessed husband is tracking his fantasy sports teams online, you too can be tracking your own fantasy team of fashionistas! Brilliant.

Okay, next up is Ellen. Entertaining as usual. Ellen and Gwenyth go door to door promoting Gwenyth’s new movie Proof. Imagine sitting in your living room minding your own business, the doorbell rings and it’s Gwenyth and Ellen?

After Ellen is over I then watch Martha. That’s right, the new daytime talk show of our very own Nutley native ankle-bracelet-free Martha. Her guest is “Diddy” which prompts her to tell us about how she got the nickname “M Diddy” while hanging out at some uhh, correctional facility. So, Diddy teaches Martha how to RAP, and then Martha teaches Diddy how to WRAP. Get it? Along with Diddy, I learned how to make “combed” wrapping paper, not to mention a really cool new way to wrap presents. Rather amusing to watch him do arts & crafts. Oh, there’s also some lady from the Rickshaw Dumpling House teaching us how to make dumplings. Even moreso than the art project, there’s something strangely entertaining about watching Sean Puffy-Puff Daddy-P Diddy-Diddy Combs try to wrap a dumpling. See, more wrapping. Notice a theme guys? Mmmm, dumplings. That part made me hungry so I had a bag of JetBlue Dorito Munchie mix after that.

Then came an assortment of SportsCenter, a repeat of the MTV VMAs, the Mets game, and The Wedding Story. Yeah hello six hour flight to California.

No comments: