Monday, May 22, 2006

the downside of dvr

I attempted to have a life this weekend instead of staying holed up in front of my tv playing catch-up. And managed to not find out the outcome of any shows I didn't want to find out the outcome of until I watched it. My attempts were for naught as Andrea emailed me this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/21/fashion/sundaystyles/21Television.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I did indeed identify with the article, but ironically, it ruined the season of finale of the OC for me in the way only the Times can because of what the article was about. yeesh. So I have not yet watched the season finale of OC, even though I now know what the shocker was, and now its like - is it even worth watching? Probably not, but of course I will anyway. It just won't be as fun anymore. It's totally what I get for letting 4 days go by and still not watching the show. To the point of the article, the one saving grace of repeat season coming up after May Sweeps is that I won't have to attempt to balance tv, baseball AND having alife. Just baseball and having a life. My dvr gets a little vacation time. And I can continue to plan my vegas trip and the rest of my summer in peace. good times.

Tonight's debacle is the battle between the 2-hour season finale of 24 and the Yankees-Red Sox series. these are the things that keep me up at night.

No comments: