Tuesday, May 23, 2006

state of affairs

Not that this is new, but have you people noticed that my tv blog isn't really much of a tv blog anymore? Its a tv/no-tv/sports/drinking/etc. blog. Oh well. I can blog about whatever the heck I feel like blogging about. Case in point, today I would like to talk about the disaster known as the NY Yankees:
- Terrence Long? Seriously, they might as well just put the bat boys in the game at this point.
- Watching the Yankees implode against their opponents night after night after night is kind of like being forced to watch a train wreck. It's a good thing I'm not a bandwagon fan, because otherwise I'd probably be jumping off right about now and running after the Mets bandwagon. RUNNING for dear life.
- When are players going to stop playing the shift against Jason Giambi? They showed the hit numbers, but I'm still not buying that the shift is worth it. Someone needs to sell that one to me.
- Happy to see Posada and his cute dumbo ears back in the lineup. He had me worried after the weekend, thought he was going to end up in the same camp as Sheffield and Matsui. and Chacon. Bubba. Pavano. Sturtze. Torre's neighbor. My dog. Oh wait, I don't have a dog.
- Anyone have any idea what the deal with Andy Phillips is? I'm a fan. Where do I find him?

To keep this at least a semi-tv blog, because I'm sure nobody cares about my sports ramblings:
I watched the season finale of the OC last nite. They totally killed Marissa off the show. I mean, I knew that already from reading about it, but seeing it was... well, kind of weird, because the way she died was kind of pointless. You know why it was pointless? Because I did not buy into that car chase/crash at ALL. I'm really pissed that they expect viewers to buy that. The car was TOTALLY smushed (hope Ryan's mom had time to get insurance on that before giving it to him as a gift), and Ryan didn't have a scratch on him. Neither did Marissa for that matter! And I think I would have been walking away from the car a LITTLE faster (i.e., running, not walking) if I saw gas was leaking and it was about to explode. He didn't even flinch when it exploded! And when did Volchok become the clingy, needy, desperate ex-boyfrined-type anyway. I certainly do NOT believe that Marissa is the type of girl that could turn him into one. She's not that good.

No comments: