Tuesday, May 02, 2006

had a bad day

Okay, this is very very unlike me, but I did NOT watch 24 last night *gasp*
I know, I know, terribly disappointing. But not as disappointing as watching the Yankees bullpen blow it...AGAIN. So mondays are usually the Yankees off day early in the season, which usually allows me to watch 24. However, this particular monday they were not. And theoretically I'd usually be willing to blow off a random April monday game to watch 24. BUT, on this particular monday night, the Yankees were playing the Red Sox. And those games are non-negotiable. AND by the time the game ended at close to 10:30, I was just so agitated with the fact that the Yankees bullpen is completely useless, that I opted out of watching any additional tv, thus leaving 24 unwatched. I swear I could almost hear "Bad Day" playing in the background as Mike Myers gave up the 3-run homerun to David Ortiz. I love that they supposedly acquired Myers for the purpose of dealing with Ortiz, and this is what happens the first time they face each other. As if.


I'm sure nobody wants to hear my commentary about how I was literally laughing out loud every time Johnny Damon came up to bat or made any kind of play in the outfield because he was getting booed so aggressively each time and each time louder than the last and it's all Michael Kay could talk about being the tool that he is, so I'll take a time out here and return on wednesday to my tv shows, since this is only a two game set...yeah that's right, tonight I actually have to make a decision between Red Sox-Yankees baseball or AI. Oh, the drama.

No comments: