Wednesday, May 03, 2006

rain rain go away

So the Yankees game got rained out in Boston last night. Which is good and bad. Good because that means I got to watch my tv shows after all. But very bad because the postponed game has been rescheduled as a doubleheader when they are in Boston later this year in August. Why is that bad? Because that was going to be a 4-game series in Boston, and now it's going to be a FIVE game series. And that is just scary. Anyhoos, onto AI. I think the "theme" had something to do with singing songs from the year they were born? Maybe? Combined with Billboard hits? I think? I actually have no idea. But in any case, it's two songs apiece, and we've got:

Elliott - Born in 1978, old like me. heh. I do like that he sang a Michael Buble song. Even though he sounds NOTHING like him. It's all good.
Paris - She was born in 1988??! Dude. That is so.not.cool. So first she sings Prince. Then she sings Mary J. Blige. I can't even imagine how people DARE to attempt singing something like that, but Paris does, and it's fab. Go figure.
Chris - He looks like he's at least 30 but apparently is a year younger than me. I don't really have any idea exactly what he was singing, but it was super.
Kat - Her singing kinda sucked, well the first song did anyway. She is lucky she's hot.
Taylor - What the hell is the age limit for AI anyway? I swear he's like 40. And I take serious issues with the bizarreness of this guy. But fine, I'll admit that I rather enjoyed the Beatles song, despite myself.

All in all, a very bizarre week, though I can't exactly put my finger on why. Might have something to do with Taylor writhing on the floor at the end of his performance. I have no idea who will go home tonight. Tough choice.

I did also watch 24. But have a meeting soon, so will have to save that for later. Stay tuned.

No comments: