Monday, May 15, 2006

monkey business

I so very much enjoyed watching baseball players swinging pink bats in honor of Mother's Day and breast cancer awareness. Grown men wearing pink wristbands and using pink baseball bats. sweet.

Not an easy task, but I crammed a heck of a lot of tv into this weekend. Rather difficult to recap it all, but in the midst of all my baseball watching and Mother's Day festivities, my thoughts:

24 -- I still kinda don't get how Kiefer's use of electronic devices during the flight didn't cause a crash. And also curious about the wardrobes provided to the CTU clinic patients. I remember Tony had on a t-shirt and sweatpants, Audrey had on what looked to be yoga pants, and Bierko was wearing hospital scrubs. And I am seriously just so over President Dumb Ass. Ugh.

Amazing Race -- oh the joy of crying MoJo being eliminated from the race. And if you must know, the roadblock involving the monkey feast was endlessly entertaining. There is something about lots and lots of monkeys running around all over the place that is fun to watch, espcially when it has an impact on the race. Last season I believe it was camels and llamas. The monkeys were a nice touch this time around.

Lost -- So f-ing creepy. For the record, I almost had myself an anuerysm when Libby starting hacking blood. And Michael, sheesh, what the hell to even do with that guy. Emotionally heartwrenching. And at times just downright bizarre.

What else... oh, both Will & Grace and That 70's Show are ending this week after an eight year run by each. Will & Grace has not been at the top of its game the past few years, but I still always have a soft spot in my heart for it, and so I watched them bid their farewell on Oprah last week. Also watched a 70's Show good-bye special which for some unexplainable reason was heartwrenchingly sad and hilarious all at the same time. good stuff.

I think I'm back on track with tv. Except I hear there is some sort of Presidential Address tonight that is going to throw off the timing of shows...so set your DVRs accordingly!

No comments: