Wednesday, August 02, 2006

hot hot hot

This weather is insane. My days have been insane as well. Last week ended with a tumultuous journey to and from St. Louis, and I felt like I had been hit by a truck at the end of it all. Ask yourself this question: How long does it take to get from St. Louis to New York via plane? The correct canswer is 13. Yes, THIRTEEN hours was my journey home. Fabulous. Arrived home past 3am on thursday night/friday morning after heading to the airport in St. Louis around 2pm on thursday afternoon. Good times. Friday I slept until about 11am due to the drama of traveling, and tried to squeeze in as much sleep as possible given the upcoming weekend.

Spent the weekend up in New England: Friday night at Mohegan Sun, Saturday at Six Flags, Saturday Night at Foxwoods (wampum wampum!) and Sunday back to NY. Talk about major exhaustion, but the Six Flags water park was super fun! And what's not to love about dippin' dots and fried dough?

And now...it's just hot. HOT. Hot like I think I am going to melt into the sidewalk everytime I go outside. It's the Canadians' final week in the States, so once they are gone I can catch up on life and tv again. Though I did make them watch last week's Project Runway with me last night, which was super fun with the puppies! Tonight is the scandal episode where someone gets booted without even making a garment. It's also the season finale of The Hills! Another show lost for the rest of the summer, as if I have any other shows to watch in it's place. Summer tv, not so good.

No comments: