Tuesday, July 25, 2006

oh canada

It was an insane weekend with the Canadians in town and I didn't have a minute to catch up on any of my tv. dammit. Spent most of Saturday outdoors and got attacked by a whole host of mosquitos and other unidentified insects - I've got 5 bites on my left leg alone, and it ain't pretty. Sunday I did touristy stuff with the Canadians that included walking down 5th Avenue, through Times Square, having lunch at Hard Rock Cafe, and accidentally ran into a street fair, which was an added bonus for me. Street fairs are the best -- how can you go wrong with funnel cake and free popcorn samples?

Some tv tidbits I HAVE managed to gather, even though I haven't really actually watched much tv:
- Rob and Amber strike again! Yes, the couple we all love to hate is making a reality tv comeback. Because All Stars Survivor wasn't enough. The Amazing Race wasn't enough. The Romber Wedding Special wasn't enough. They now bring you: The Rob and Amber Project. Rob and Amber move to Vegas so Rob can attempt to become a professional gambler. seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. It's disgusting, I know.
- Because ABC likes to torture its viewers, yet another season of The Bachelor premieres this fall in Rome. Featuring a "real Italian prince" as the bachelor (so they say) who claims to be a "cosmetics entrepreneur" but through more extensive research is discovered to actually be an internet retailer of doggie bath products. seriously. Like I said, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
- Dancing With the Stars 3 in September! woohoo!
- They are moving Amazing Race to Sundays. I'm sure this is going to somehow conflict with other sunday night tv in a major way, but I'm not quite sure how just yet. Season 10 starts this fall, and my sister used to work with one of the guys in the token gay couple team. good times.

Hope that is enough to tide you over until I get a chance to catch up on tv... which may not be for a while. Aside from entertaining the Canadians, I will be in St. Louis for the next two days in the sweltering heat. Why I am going to a city where there are still 160,000 people without power (down from 600K last week) is beyond me. One of the great mysteries of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are these Canadians? And why are they visiting you? Do they have TV in Canadia?

cindy said...

i believe they do have tv in canadia... but its canadian tv.