Friday, July 21, 2006

friday already?

goodness, where has this week gone? I have not watched anything in the ways of tv this week other than baseball. Wednesday night I had really yummy but potent margaritas in midtown and the tequila did a number on me. Not that it stopped me from then downing some beers with coworkers on thursday.

This morning I met with my real estate lawyer to go over the contract for the condo am attempting to buy, and wrote a check out for a really, really REALLY large sum of money. What is sad is that this really large sum of money only equated to 10% of how much this place is costing me!! Not including all the INSANE banking, lawyer, appraisal, insurance, etc. etc. fees that I will need to pay on top of that of course. A check for almost twice the amount of money that my car cost me (granted all I own is a tiny little toy of a car known as a civic, but still) and it only amounted to TEN percent of the cost of the condo! The insanity.

Crazy storms this week, especially today. I watched from the window of my office as the hot dog cart in front of my building flipped over and the vendor chased his cans of soda down the street. Across the street, the guy with the fruit stand lost one of his two umbrellas and came vicariously close to chasing oranges down the block.

Tonight my Canadian cousin arrives in town and the super chaos begins. Fun stuff.

No comments: