Wednesday, August 23, 2006

racists!

Okay, so I stopped watching Survivor at least 28 seasons ago, but have recently learned about the gimmick for their upcoming Survivor: Cook Islands season and you know what? As God awful of a gimmick as it is, it worked, because I am totally going to watch! You want to know why? Because some GENIUS at CBS thought it would be a good idea to form tribes divided based on ethnicity. That's right, you heard me -- it's going to be the African-Americans vs. the Hispanics vs. the Asian-Americans vs. the Caucasians. i couldn't make this stuff up if i tried. Reality tv has officially hit an all-time politically incorrect low. If there's no backlash now for this kind of gimmick yet, there sure as hell is going to be!

As outraged as I want to be, who am I kidding - I'm going to watch and I'm going to think it's hysterical. I just hope the Republicans find it as entertaining as I know it's going to be. Especially since I'm relatively sure I'll be rooting for the cute boys -- regardless of which tribe they're on!

btw - The Wizard of Oz episode of Scrubs was on tonight - so much fun!

No comments: