Monday, September 25, 2006

phil does it again

Twelve teams on a race around the world for $1 million! Another season of Amazing Race is upon us. Season 10! And I have been swamped trying to get my sh*t together for my soon-to-be new home and barely have had a moment to even stop to go to the bathroom, but alas, a girl needs a break every now and then and so a week after the fact, I opted to slack off for an hour and watch the premiere of season ten.

Twleve teams starting out in Seattle, WA and are dumped off in these little sea planes that look like they'd probably give me some serious motion sickness if I ever had to ride in one. Let's meet the teams...

Peter & Sarah - Triathaletes, and Sarah has an artifical leg. I swear I'm not one to discriminate based on disabilities, but given the physical nature of this race, I'm just skeptical.
Team Muslims - Umm, yeah I know it's ignorant to call them that, but thats what they ARE and to be honest, I have no idea what their names are.
Rob & Kimberly - This isthe team that will be screaming at and fighting with each other the entire race. Reminiscent of Jon & Victoria if anyone remembers them from an earlier season.
Dustin & Kandice - Miss New York and Miss California. Blondies with big boobs.
Davd & Mary - Team Kentucky. Every stereotype you can think of applies here.
Erwin & Godwin - Asian brothers who get in trouble for having water guns in the airport. Haha! No seriously, did they think they were going to get away with that?
Duke & Lauren - Father and his lesbian daughter from Rhode Island. Not as exciting as it sounds.
Vipul & Arti - The Indian couple that make some bad bad navigation decisions that end up biting them in the ass.
Kellie & Jamie - Cheerleaders with very limited personality.
Tyler & James - Cute models that happen to be recovering druggies. Nice recovery, boys.
Lynn & Karlyn - Single moms from Alabama that complain a LOT.
Tom & Terry - Boyfriends from NYC that I am rooting for because my sister knows Terry from work.

And just like that, the teams are off to China! And the first roadblock involves eating fish eyes, which just grosses the hell out of me and makes me mad that this show is perpetuating the stereotype that Chinese people eat some nasty stuff. And holy crap a team gets eliminated before the race even really gets started! Phil pulls a fast one on us and eliminates a team even though it's not a pit stop! I guess it doesn't matter that I never got to learn the Muslims' names... As for the ACTUAL pit stop, Tyler & James win $20K for finishing first and the Indian couple finishes last and goes bye-bye. Wow, two teams out in the first episode, and arguably the two most ethnically diverse teams compared to past seasons at that. Whew, that was exhausting.

No comments: