Tuesday, April 17, 2007

something to talk about

Generally speaking, American Idol is terrible this season but of course I'm still watching and we're down to 7 and Sanjaya is still around! They've done a great job with the guest stars though - Gwen Stefani, J Lo, Martina McBride... fabulous! So it's country week but unfortunately, country week never EVER goes well, unless you happen to have nothing but Carrie Underwoods competing against each other, which we do not. That being said:

IDOLS 01 - Phil Stacy can sing country! Who knew?
IDOLS 02 - Listening to Jordin Sparks sing Martina McBride's A Broken Wing has made me decide she needs to win this competition. The girl is FAB. And only 17!
IDOLS 03 - WHY is Sanjaya still on this show?! And the hair... oh dear, I do not have words for the hair!
IDOLS 04 - I was so fixated on Lakisha's shiny gold boots that I don't really have any idea if her rendition of Carrie Underwood was any good.
IDOLS 05 - I literally have no opinion on Chris aka the JT Wannabe this week. Kinda boring.
IDOLS 06 - Doolittle looks much better with her new hairdo. She looks much better in general actually. Oh, and her singing was pretty good too.
IDOLS 07 - I love Blake! Super adorable and a legitimately interesting sounding singer!

Martina McBride is lovely. I hope Jordin and Blake make it to the top. And for the love of all things good in this world... please send Sanjaya home!

No comments: