Wednesday, May 16, 2007

and then there were two.

So after a weekend of margaritas, socializing, and cupcake making, I am mostly caught up on tv - as one of what amounts to probably about two people still watching The Bachelor, I found myself wondering how I missed most of the season and there were suddenly only three girls left, even when I've been recording every episode. I guess I wasn't watching all that carefully. So after hometown dates in Hawaii and the usual fantasy suite invitations (abc needs to come up with something a little ore creative), we are back to the rose ceremony, and it's bye-bye to Danielle, which is fine with me because she wasn't all that memorable anyway. So the final two are Bevin, who I find a bit irritating and Tessa, who I think is adorable and I hope she wins!

As for American Idol, we also go from three to two this week! Each contestant sings three songs and they are all fab for different reasons.


Round 1 was the judges' choice: All three of them rocked it, but Doolittle wins round 1 due to a crazy fantastic rendition of Whitney Houston (nice pick, Randy).

Round 2 was the producers' choice: Another fab round but I especially loved Blake in this round because he sang Maroon 5 and I loved it!! And could he be any more adorable? Round 2 goes to Blake!

Round 3 was the contestants' pick: Yet another lovely round and at this point, I have no clue who I think will win (though I did vote for MY pick) because everyone is great!

On to elimination night:

Lots of recapping to show how we ended up at the final three, a plug for the AI Tour, Elliott Yamin looking like a COMPLETELY different person with his big hair, Maroon 5 (yay!), and then first Jordin makes it through to the finals and then OHMYGOD Blake makes it in!! Okay seriously, nothing against Doolittle at all, she is FAB and will no doubt go on to bigger and better things, but you know how much I love Blake so there you've got it -- Jordin vs. Blake in the final two. Whew, good thing I voted ;)

No comments: