Monday, June 04, 2007

it's a reality tv summer

So all the good shows have ended for the summer, and that means we're moving into a summer season of random reality tv...and I'm not kidding about random. So from what I can tell (I haven't actually watched any of these yet so I can't really vouch for any of them), here are your options (they're not good ones, I'll warn you now):

So You Think You Can Dance: Season three just started a week or so ago and it's basically the American Idol version of a dancing competition complete with around the country city auditions full of really bad dancers.

America's Got Talent: Season two of yet another really bad American Idolesque talent show. Really random and really not very good. The judges are Jerry Springer, Sharon Osbourne and David Hasselhoff. I think that pretty much says it all. David Hasselhoff should go on Dancing With the Stars.

American Inventor: I started wtching the first season of this last year religiously got crazy bored of it after the initial audition rounds and then started watching again the final two weeks or so just to see who won. This premieres Wednesday, June 6 and I'm sure will be just as mind numbing as season one.

Pirate Masters: Premiered last week and consists of contestants acting like...pirates? Or are they actual pirates? I don't know but they're basically pirates competing against each other in search of treasure or somthing... it's like Survivor, but on a big boat!

Hell's Kitchen: Season three premieres tonight and I actually will admit I rather enjoyed the first season of this... missed the second season for some reason but will likely watch the third due to lack of anything much better on Monday nights this summer.

Top Chef Miami: Season three and similar to Hell's Kitchen, I'll be watching because I'm somewhat of a sucker of reality cooking competitions.

Age of Love: Premieres on Monday June 18 and honestly I think this is just NBC's version of The Bachelor, except half the ladies are in their 20's and half are in their 40's. I hope the producers realize that this show will do absolutely nothing to dispel the "age ain't nothin' but a number" myth.

So there you have it, plenty of really bad reality tv to watch this summer... or not.

No comments: