Friday, February 08, 2008

18-1

I'm back from the BEST. TRIP. EVER! Well, I've been back for a few days now but I'm only finally now just becoming coherent and functioning like a normal human being again. But I still do not have words to describe the most amazing trip experience ever - witnessing the Giants beat the Patriots to WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!! Going to Phoenix was crazy enough, but I never EVER thought I'd actually go to the game. We hung out by the stadium, drank and soaked up the atmosphere. Less than two hours before kickoff, I ended up getting a ticket and I was off to the Super Bowl!!! It was an amazing game and an amazing time. I do not even have words for how incredible it was to not only be at the Super Bowl, but to watch my NY Giants in the Super Bowl, and to watch my NY Giants take down the New England Patriots and ruin their perfect season. The Giants are Super Bowl Champs!! And I got to watch it live! Un-freakin-believable. Oh, and check it out - I got to meet Brian Cashman in the parking lot before the game!
There were lots of celebrity sightings - Rob Schneider, Clyde Drexler, and a small handful of Victoria's Secret models too! It was such a crazy atmosphere and an unbelivably good time. And WHAT A GAME. Giants 17, Patriots 14. LOVE IT!!

Monday night we hung out in Phoenix and went to the Suns game. I'm not an NBA fan but we had seats about 12 rows back from the court right behind the Suns bench, and it was pretty damn cool! Dan Majerle was there making crazy baskets from half court, and then Steve Kerr showed up at halftime and sat two rows in front of us.

Tuesday it was time to head home and another day spent on a plane. I missed the ticker tape parade they had for the Giants back in NY because I was traveling, which was a little disappointing since the parade went RIGHT by the building I work in and I would've had a front row seat! But alas, I was at the Super Bowl, and that beats a parade any day :)

NY GIANTS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

No comments: