Wednesday, April 09, 2008

idol gives back

So I am catching snippets of Idol Gives Back (which is apparently a 2 1/2 hour affair). I know it's a great cause, but it's crazy loong and I'd be up all night trying to watch this straight through, so the FF button it is. Currently I'm watching Teri Hatcher sing a Carrie Underwood song. Since when can Teri Hatcher sing?? I half expected Simon Cowell to come out at the end and criticize her performance, but not so much.

Eli and Peyton Manning have made an appearance... and Eli most desperately needs a haircut.

There are lots and lots of celebrity appearances and lots of performances, but I'm now watching the Idol contestants singing Seasons of Love - one of my personal favorite Broadway songs ever! And so appropriate for this particular show, so it's quite lovely.

Miley Cyrus performs TWICE, which seems highly unnecessary. Brad Pitt shows up near the end and everyone goes NUTS! The show closes out with the Idol contestants singing something soothing and calming that immediately makes me decide it's time for bed. And so I will do just that now.

Tomorrow - back to business with elimination night!

1 comment:

Margaritaville said...

OMG I am so out of touch with American TV..thank goodness for your blog. I just watched Teri H. signing on YouTube and she's pretty good (well for an actress / karaoke singer).