Tuesday, March 15, 2005

anyone ever seen the movie Fastlane?

A new reality show on WB started recently called The Starlet. It is basically about a bunch of girls going though hollywood boot camp and competing to become the next…starlet. I’ve been recording the episodes but haven’t had a chance to actually watch until last nite. I picked a random episode in my dvr list and starting watching, and ohmygoodness can I tell you this is the funniest shit I’ve ever seen? Okay, maybe not THE funniest, but as far as reality tv goes, this was quite entertaining.

From what I gather, in each episode, they learn a different aspect of acting, and then go through a screen test, after which contestants are eliminated if they suck, until we have a winner. In the episode I watched, the starlet wannabes got a lesson in passion and seduction. This is where things get interesting. They show up for their class, and find out that they have to seduce a teddy bear. I was almost crying I laughed so hard. “I’ve never even kissed a guy before, and now I have to make out with a teddy bear.” Then, it came time to try what they’ve learned on a real person. Random “hot” guys come in and they each have to seduce a guy with a dance. This wasn’t nearly as funny as the teddy bear action, but still rather funny to see. Now that they’ve learned all they can learn about seduction and passion, it came time for their screen test, which is…to perform the lesbian scene from the movie Fastlane, originally done by Jaime Presley and Tiffani Amber Thiessen. I think most of the girls are pretty horrified, I think this is great television. The contestants pair up and “rehearse.” One girl almost quit. But in the end, they all did their lesbian scenes and some of them looked a little more into it than they claimed to be during rehearsals. Yeah, now I bet everyone is sorry that they haven’t been watching this show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! I was DYING when I saw them making out with the teddy bear! And you forgot to mention when they were acting like wild animals dancing to jungle music. WTF??

But what boggles my mind is that why do they keep making the starlets reenact scenes from obscure shows that no one ever watches (like Smallville?? or Fastlane? - which btw was actually a cancelled show on Fox on which Tiffani Amber aka Kelly Kapowski was a regular along with Jennie Garth aka Kelly Taylor's real life husband Peter Facinelli.)

Can't wait til tonight's episode, which of course Cindy won't actually get around to watching it until next Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Having randomly come across the commericial for this show last week, I couldnt resist the temptation to watch a lesson in How to Become a Teen Lesbian. Forcing a girl to have her very first kiss with a girl...classic. Also having that same girl make out with a stuffed bear followed by a lap dance for a random guy seems the perfect set up for a future alcohol-abusing hollywood actress. I guess they really DO know what they're doing on this show.

I'm glad Cindy shared in my amusement of this show...but of course i'm sure she didnt enjoy in quite the same way haha!