Wednesday, May 25, 2005

…you don’t know Jack.

I’m pretty much willing to forgive 24 for the abundance of plotholes this season after monday's riveting season finale. That and the fact that both Michelle and David Palmer use the same cell phone as me. However, that won't keep me from commenting on a few things. Okay, many things. I have a lot to comment on (it was a two hour show, what do you want from me?) and I clearly have nothing to do at work, so work with me here.

Could the warhead missile interception have been ANY more anticlimactic? All that for a tiny little *poof* in the air, that incidentally happens to be in the line of Keifer's sight at the time of interception? Yeah, okay. I'm still confused as to how they were able to spot it on the radar and shoot it down if it was so "stealth" (all that little gadget they found in Marwan's helicopter do was show CTU the missile's flight pattern, NOT see where it was in real-time) when they couldn't find the 50-times-as-big "stealth bomber" that shot down Air Force One - what the hell ever happened to poor man's Conan O'Brien anyway?

Oh Mandy, you came and you found me a turkey. Okay, that had nothing to do with anything, but I hear Mandy, and I think turkey. (10 points for anyone who has any idea why). I didn't realize female terrorists could be so cute (yet creepy all at the same time). You'd think a skirt that short would impede her from operating effectively. When I wear skirts like that I can barely walk, much less dropkick a guy who is trying to attack me while handcuffed behind the back (oh Tony, what were you thinking?). But I guess if you are going to bring back Mandy from the handshake-of-death season, might as well do it fashionably.

Man, has Audrey had a rough day or what? She gets kidnapped and almost killed, her brother gets tortured by CTU, her husband dies, her brother gets shot by Marissa Cooper, then has to break up with Keifer only to be told a few minutes later that he's been killed. I'd be ready to slit my wrists if I were her. Kind of like Erin Driscoll's crazy daughter.

I'm super impressed that aside from getting clipped in the arm by Marwan in the final hour, Curtis survived the whole day! Someone who I guess did NOT survive though is Behrooz, never did find out what happened to him. Maybe he'll be meeting Keifer at the border when he gets there. He can be Keifer's sidekick next season. Although now that Keifer is a fugitive and relocating to Mexico, does that mean he's going to change his name to Pedro and work for the Mexican government?

Did anyone else think it was STRANGE that after the elaborate scheme to fake Keifer's death (which btw, was somehow contrived in the span of about 3 minutes), Palmer was just standing around in the hallway talking OPENLY with Keifer on the phone? "HI JACK. Good to hear from you. I'm glad you MADE IT OUT OKAY. HEY EVERYONE, you hear that? JACK IS ALIVE!!" seriously. I thought it was supposed to be a secret, no? It seemed like in the last hour, the 24 writers were suddenly thinking "oh crap, we ran out of time" and had everything play out in warp speed to fit it all in. Because honestly, LA is not THATCLOSE to the border. So either Tony and Michelle drove Keifer out in a teleportation SUV, or Keifer has got one hell of a long walk to Mexico ahead of him. Though incidentally, he was walking east into the sunrise, and last I checked, Mexico was to the south.

The next season of 24: JANUARY 2006?!?! that blows. Do they seriously want me to wait more than half a year to watch this show again? Although I guess it will take them at least that long to figure out what the hell they are going to do now that Keifer is a Mexican. They are toying with my emotions here, which is REALLY rude after the emotional roller coaster that was the final 30 minutes of season 4.

I'll tell you one thing - if CTU is still part of the picture in season 5, those CTU agents should really work on their "perimeters," because they were not so good at it, for the record.

1 comment:

King said...

I believe your turkey line is in reference to homer simpson when he sang...

"Oh Margie, you came and you found me a turkey,
On my vacation away from worky..."

...Now where's my 10 pts and what do I get for winning!! I'd comment a lot on your wonderful 24 blog but I'd just be repeating our convo from Monday haha. But I will say a few things though.

1. Curtis punching the hottie terrorist was the true highlight of my night. I wonder what they did with her afterwards, her being all handcuffed and restrained in her tiny skirt...hmmm

2. I really thought that sneaky chinese embassy guy was going to pop out from the crates jack was hiding behind and nab him but maybe they'll save that for next season.

3. Cindy did you go back and time the call between jack and the ex-pres. Remember he was only supposed to have 1 minute of encrypted talk time, then it jump to 40 cents a min.

4. Vote for Pedro!