Wednesday, March 22, 2006

the barry fanilow show

It's Barry Manilow week, but oh wait...it isn't REALLY Barry week, it's actually 50's week, but I guess Barry somehow anyway was the celebrity of choice to bond with the contestants for this theme. So Melissa got booted last week (finally. nobody cared about her at ALL), and now we're down to eleven.

You know what I noticed this week? Mandisa is just "Mandisa." Like, "Paris" is actually "Paris Bennett" and "Bucky" is actually "Bucky Covington" but "Mandisa" is actually just "Mandisa." hmm. In any case, speaking of Mandisa, she was fab as usual, and Simon was in love with her last night. As for some of the other contestants:

Paris - also fab. It never ceases to startle me that her singing voice and her talking voice are two TOTALLY different people.
Bucky - Tired of him. Send him home, America.
Kevin - Ditto.
Taylor - Ditto.
Lisa Tucker - There was something comical about her performance last night. I think Simon pinpointed it with his high school musical comment.
Chris Daughtry - LOVE HIM. He is the type of contestant that will eventually lead me to start voting.
Katharine McPhee - she's a hottie, she can sing, and she can work it. And I laughed at how nervous Ryan was about her boobs not flying out.
Kellie Pickler - cute, but what the HELL was up with her makeup last nite? Holy mother of awfulness.
Ace Young - Everyone loooves him and his falsetto. Granted, if he got a haircut, he'd be a hottie, but the singing made me cringe just a bit last night.
Elliott - I just got a kick out of him admitting that he wasn't a fanilow. Way to lose all the fanilow votes, Elliott.

Tonight, Barry performs, there will be some sort of awful group performance/skit, and then God willing, Bucky or Kevin goes home. And I get to hear my favorite Daniel Powter song again.

No comments: