Monday, March 06, 2006

its a raaace!

Oh, how happy am I that a new season of Amazing Race is upon us, and this time its back to 11 teams of two and its a REAL race, not a fake one where families of 4 just sort of wander around the country posing for pictures and climbing big chairs. No offense to the really cute brothers that won the family edition because i loved them, but well, I just really am glad to have back the race around the WORLD. Since this is pretty much one of my favorite reality shows to ever grace the planet, let's review my thoughts on the teams we'll be following this season. In no particular order:

Team Frat Boys: Eric and Jeremy, friends from Florida. Clearly casted to be the good looking boys in the race, so even though they both are slightly missing something in the looks category -- Eric has a big forehead and sort of reminds me of Dylan McKay from 90210 and Jeremy almost kind of reminds me of Uncle Joey from Full House -- I am forced to root for them. My sister refers to them as Beavis & Butthead, which I think I will also start to do. I don't mind Eric so much, but think Jeremy is somewhat of a weirdo. They are still better looking than most other teams on this race (aka they have hot bodies according to the intro footage of them playing volleyball on the beach) so I can deal.

Team Pink: Danielle and Dani from Staten Island, NY. Something about them annoys me. And no, it's not the fact that they dress alike and have some of the biggest boobs I've ever seen in my life (I am so incredibly disgusted when the hippie team calls them Double D and is NOT referring to the fact that both their names start with "D"). Something about their personalities are "off" and I think it's funny that they pretend to think that Eric and Jeremy are obnoxious when they are clearly going to end up hooking up with them during the mandatory "rest" periods.

Team Hippies: BJ and Tyler. They sort of remind me of Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber, but I think that's only because of the bright orange ruffled shirt that one of them in wearing. I honestly can't decide if I'm amused by them or totally annoyed by them.

Team Boricua: Wanda & Desiree, a mother and daughter team. Desiree is quite adorable, and I can't help but rather enjoy this team, even though the mom irks me on occasion. Desiree is not only good looking but she's stylish. They talk in Spanish a lot, which I can live with, since I almost can understand them even without the subtitles.

David & Lori: I don't have a good team name for them yet. They are an almost-obnoxiously adorable couple from Manhattan, KANSAS. They are very lovey-dovey to one another and admitted geeks, but the sheer fun they are clearly having with this race and each other makes them very adorable and it's only a matter of time before that gets on my nerves.

Ray & Yolanda: The token black couple. It would be so very wrong of me to call them "The black team" given that a) its kind of racist, and b) last season there actually WAS a black team whose last name was Black and they referred to themselves as "The Black Team" and it was just funny even though it was just wrong. Anyway, I like them immensely and hope they start to race a little better than they did on this first leg.

Team MoJo (ugh): Monica & Joseph, also to be known as Barbie & Ken. They automatically annoy me because as if it's not bad enough that they refer to themselves as MoJo, but they actually have TSHIRTS that say MOJO on them. First of all, its lame to give yourself a nickname. And then to wear tshirts with your self-proclaimed nickname? Awful. Monica is super cute, but also super bi-polar, and I don't know why Joseph puts up with her aside from the fact that she is pretty hot.

Lake & Michelle: Clearly have the most potential to be the token dysfunctional couple of the race. They both look like transplants out of the 80's, he clearly used to have a mullet, and she clearly used to have really big hair...oh wait, she still does. Lake spends most of the episode screaming at her, and I almost fell over laughing when someone made a Scott Peterson reference about him. So inappropriate, but so funny.

Fran & Barry: The token old couple of the show. I worry for them because they are in their 60's, but at the same time I can't stand them because all Fran does the entire episode is talk about how they are going to be eliminated, to the point that you kind of wish they would be. Especially when they walked by the clue box on the bridge at least 4 or 5 times without see it. I'm not sure I would have been able to keep a straight face if I were the cameraman following them around and filming this insanity.

Team Glamazon: Lisa & Joni, who refer to themselves as Glamazons, but have been named by the other teams as Team Frosties. Their intro footage features them using a Bedazzler which automatically makes me kind of like them, but then they quickly drive me NUTS. All they do the entire episode is jump around screaming and it's just ridiculous and already getting old. I prayed for them to come in last place, but they snuck in at 10th place.

John & Scott: Quickly eliminated from the race, so I can't bother to spend too much time talking about them. But they were annoying and I will not miss them at all.

Good times, people...good times.

No comments: