Thursday, May 24, 2007

an excellent evening

In a most exhausting week where I have just spent three nights in a row at Yankee Stadium, tv has not really been high on my priority list for no real reason other than the fact that I just haven't spent very much time at home and when I AM home I'm dead tired and sleeping. However, I did manage to speed my way through the American Idol finale since I figured I would hear about it otherwise and wanted to find out who won.

In an unprecedented turn of events, this season's finale was actually worth watching! Some highlights:
- The Top Six guys performing with Smokey Robinson in snazzy all white outfits.
- Blake doing a BAD ASS beatboxing performance with Doug E Fresh! Friggin' awesome.
- Super adorable Carrie Underwood doing a way-better-than-the-original rendition of I'll Stand By You.
- The Top Six Gals performing with Gladys Knights, also all in snazzy all white outfits.
- Jordin singing a FAB duet with Rooooooo-bin of one of my all time favorite classic songs, You're All I Need.
- The Beatles Medley with a bunch of former Idols and this season's top 12.

The lowlights:
- Sanjaya actually got his on frickin' performance. Seriously.
- Kelly Clarkson's crazy outfits and way overdone eye makeup, though to her credit, she sounds great.
- Taylor Hicks got to perform twice. What's up with that?
- BETTE MIDLER? And not just Bette Midler, but Bette Midler singing Wind Beneath My Wings of all things?!?

Oh yeah, and so I finally get through the two hour finale (with some FF-ing involved of course), only to find out that the Fox producers f*ed up and the show ran over by 10 minutes or so, and you know what that means? I didn't actually get to see who won! It made it all the way through the Beatles medley, goes to commercial, and then never comes back because 10pm rolled around and my DVR stopped recording! DAMN YOU FOX. So thank you to Kingston for informing me who the winner was (even though I would've found out the next morning who it was anyway, but at least I slept better that night).

And that's a wrap til I can catch up on the rest of this week's tv!

No comments: